1. You get overly excited at the start of crawfish season.
4. Sweetened is the only way you’ll have your tea.
7. You know Big Red is amazing on a hot summer day.
And it comes in more flavors then you think.
8. Finding this little guy meant you had to buy the king cake next year.
And good luck!
9. If you lived along the coast you knew that fresh seafood is infinitely better than anything frozen.
11. Gator meat does not gross you out at all.
It’s actually delicious.
13. You agree that Fried Green Tomatoes is an excellent dish, book, and movie.
14. You’ve enjoyed Tabasco sauce since birth.
And probably put it on everything.
19. You are are really passionate about regional BBQ, whether it be Memphis-style or St. Louis ribs….
21. …or North Carolina pulled pork.
If you’re from North Carolina, you know there’s a big difference between Lexington-style and Eastern-style.
22. You loved coming home to your mom’s chicken and dumplings.
23. Pecan pie was always present at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
24. You know that real Brunswick stew includes squirrel meat.
25. Fried chicken from a chain doesn’t hold a candle to the homemade variety.
27. Shrimp and grits reminds you of Christmas as well.
30. As far as you’re concerned, catfish and hush puppies are the real dynamic duo.
36. You realize that red beans and rice is an entire meal, and not just a side dish.
37. Your preferred method of eating biscuits is smothered with gravy.
Or with sorghum.
38. It’s a fact that Southern cuisine wouldn’t be the same without Cajun food.
Gumbo, jambalaya, po boys. muffuletta sandwiches, and boudain sausage to name a few items.
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›