2. Shorts were still short.
4. The world’s greatest basketball movie was released.
5. And the Tune Squad beat the MonStars in the most thrilling game ever played.
7. Dennis Rodman was the Bad Boy of the league.
9. J’s (Jordan’s) weren’t vintage yet.
11. Shaq was a rim rocker.
12. AND a movie star.
Still not sure why he wasn’t nominated for an Oscar.
13. And even a video game hero.
14. NBA Jam (AKA the greatest game ever) was released.
Yes, that is Bill Clinton. Engaging in a full court dunk. While the ball is on fire.
15. Cards were great collector’s items.
17. Players promoted porn.
Context is needed here.
18. The Bulls won everything.
Six championships in the ’90s, including two 3-peats.
19. Charles Barkley saved the city from Godzilla in a game of one-on-one.
21. Ray Allen was still Jesus Shuttlesworth.
22. Micheal Jordan ruled the league.
Those six titles? Yeah, those were all Jordan and “DA BULLS”.
24. Because this will never happen again.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 21 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, BBC News reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›