1. To kickstart Chile’s World Cup effort, Banco de Chile released a commercial featuring the survivors from the Chilean mining tragedy.
2. Chile is in a so-called “Group of Death” that features Spain and the Netherlands…
Spain and the Netherlands are ranked #1 and #15 in the world respectively.
3. But the miners encourage the players to not let that stand in their way.
“So we can show the world that nothing is impossible for a Chilean! Spain is tough? Netherlands is tough? We are not scared of the Group of Death. We don’t care about death! Because we have beaten death before!”
5. Here is the moving video.
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›