1. To kickstart Chile’s World Cup effort, Banco de Chile released a commercial featuring the survivors from the Chilean mining tragedy.
2. Chile is in a so-called “Group of Death” that features Spain and the Netherlands…
Spain and the Netherlands are ranked #1 and #15 in the world respectively.
3. But the miners encourage the players to not let that stand in their way.
“So we can show the world that nothing is impossible for a Chilean! Spain is tough? Netherlands is tough? We are not scared of the Group of Death. We don’t care about death! Because we have beaten death before!”
5. Here is the moving video.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›