1. You become an expert at crafting.
Coolers, shirts, costumes for theme parties? Yup, you can do it all.
2. Dues end up costing a small fortune.
But worth every penny.
3. Formal is like prom all over again.
Just WAAAY more fun.
4. Few things are as stressful yet rewarding as sorority recruitment.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
5. You’ll have more norts than you know what to do with.
I’ve got 99 problems, but norts ain’t one.
6. Rivalries with other organizations are intense.
But eventually you’ll realize how similar you are.
7. Intramurals aren’t just a hobby, they are serious business.
All you do is win, or at least attempt to.
8. You’ll develop your own version of sign language.
Throw what you know.
9. You’ll become an active contributor to every major charity.
Who says Greeks don’t give back?
10. Bid day is pretty much a reenactment of Braveheart.
Two massive waves of people crashing into each other. Yeah, that sounds about right.
11. You’ll have more sisters or brothers than you ever imagined possible.
That’s a B-I-G family.
12. You will learn to fear and respect standards.
Two words: social probation.
13. Joining Greek life is not anything like Animal House or The House Bunny.
Well, you might actually own a toga.
14. Few things are as intense as the relationship between a big and little.
Words just can’t explain.
15. A huge part of your wardrobe will become letter shirts.
You wear them with pride, but man do they itch.
16. You’ll hear the old “paying for friends” argument.
And it gets really old really fast.
17. Fines will drain your wallet.
So don’t be late or absent!
18. You become a better student after attending mandatory study hours.
When you’re not socializing in the library.
19. No matter how hard you try you will never be able to forget the Greek alphabet.
Alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon…
20. Some of your best — and worst— memories were made at the chapter house.
If those walls could talk.
21. Your composite picture will never look like you even with photoshop.
But you’ll still have that pic proudly on display.
22. Your closet slowly becomes a rainbow of stacked T-shirts.
23. Chances are you will end up dating someone who is also in a Greek organization.
It’s bound to happen.
When it’s all said and done you’ll realize that the journey doesn’t end at graduation, it’s only just beginning.
Once you’re in, you’re in for life.