Artist Dan LuVisi’s Popped Culture series takes classic pop culture icons, and reimagines them in darker reincarnations.
1. Mickey Mouse, The Prince of Darkness.
2. Mike who’s down on his luck.
3. Buzz Lightyear looking like a total badass.
4. Goofy, who is anything but.
5. Yoshi, the demented dinosaur.
6. Bert and Ernie living life on The Street.
7. Eve from Wall-E, ready for action.
8. Street fighter Wreck-It Ralph.
9. Otto, the Grand Theft Auto getaway driver.
10. Mafia members Lenny and Carl.
11. Homer Simpson’s final moments.
12. Kermit, a driver on a rampage.
13. Fozzie showing Gonzo that this is No Country for Old Men.
14. Jake exacting sweet revenge on Finn.
15. Tigger entering a correctional facility.
16. Frantic Finn.
17. Reflections of a monster.
18. Donald Duck, who’s ferocity is beyond description.
When ask by BuzzFeed on how he goes about developing the characters, Daniel said:
I go about characters only if two options are there. I can pull a story from it, or I can take it’s cute form, and truly pull the demented out of it—while hopefully keeping the original theme. Otherwise, it just feels like fan-art without substance.
For this series and more of Daniel’s work check out his website here.
- Venezuela is reporting hospitalizations and three deaths as the Zika virus, which is linked to birth defects, spreads.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate 🇺🇸
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.