Artist Dan LuVisi’s Popped Culture series takes classic pop culture icons, and reimagines them in darker reincarnations.
1. Mickey Mouse, The Prince of Darkness.
2. Mike who’s down on his luck.
3. Buzz Lightyear looking like a total badass.
4. Goofy, who is anything but.
5. Yoshi, the demented dinosaur.
6. Bert and Ernie living life on The Street.
7. Eve from Wall-E, ready for action.
8. Street fighter Wreck-It Ralph.
9. Otto, the Grand Theft Auto getaway driver.
10. Mafia members Lenny and Carl.
11. Homer Simpson’s final moments.
12. Kermit, a driver on a rampage.
13. Fozzie showing Gonzo that this is No Country for Old Men.
14. Jake exacting sweet revenge on Finn.
15. Tigger entering a correctional facility.
16. Frantic Finn.
17. Reflections of a monster.
18. Donald Duck, who’s ferocity is beyond description.
When ask by BuzzFeed on how he goes about developing the characters, Daniel said:
I go about characters only if two options are there. I can pull a story from it, or I can take it’s cute form, and truly pull the demented out of it—while hopefully keeping the original theme. Otherwise, it just feels like fan-art without substance.
For this series and more of Daniel’s work check out his website here.
- Dylann Roof has been formally charged with nine counts of murder for the Charleston church shooting last month.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Harry Shearer, the voice of Mr. Burns on "The Simpsons," will rejoin the show. In May, he said he was leaving.