2. And when people take it, the situation gets real.
Oxygen / Via whatweshouldcallubc.tumblr.com
3. You are always a mediator between your parents when they fight.
NBC / Via youtube.com
5. …and your other sources of entertainment weren’t exactly, well…entertaining.
6. You’re really awkward around kids.
Anwar Hussein / Getty Images
10. You have two living options: trying desperately to be a normal person around roommates…
(And usually failing.)
11. …or paying waaaay more to live alone.
Warner Bros. Pictures / Via own-your-insecurities.tumblr.com
12. Your tolerance for teasing is really low.
Buena Vista Pictures / Via youtube.com
13. As a child you didn’t really “play” well with others.
14. Holidays with your immediate family consist of three people or fewer.
15. And there are certain holidays you just can’t celebrate.
16. You had an imaginary buddy.
17. Sometimes your friends get weirded out because you treat them like actual family.
MTV / Via fineleathergifs.tumblr.com
18. And you are always attempting to bribe them to come over with promises of pizza.
19. Growing up, you never had an opportunity to blame your brother or sister for anything.
20. Your parents’ house is a creepy shrine to your personal achievements.
21. You always get questions like, “So, your parents weren’t able/didn’t want to have more kids?”
Disney / Via xenaandjonesgiflibrary.tumblr.com
23. In the end, when it all comes down to it, your family’s future rests solely on you.
Lucas Films / Via dopgifs.tumblr.com
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›