3. You own a fancy sleeping mask to keep the light out.
4. You can never find the right balance between the room being too hot….
5. Or too cold to fall asleep comfortably.
Theere is no comfortable medium.
6. Restless nights leave you with constant bags around your eyes.
7. You’ve shelled out the extra $30 for blackout curtains.
Darkness is essential.
8. You know every 3:30 AM infomercial by heart.
Hello facial flex!
9. You’ve undoubtedly come across some adult programming while scanning channels in the middle of the night.
10. You try to avoid liking someone’s status during one of your late night wake sessions.
Unless you want them to assume you’re some kind of nocturnal vampire.
11. You always have your bedroom fan running at a high speed to create white noise…
Which makes things very interesting during winter.
12. For you, sharing a bed isn’t the peaceful bonding experience it is for everyone else.
13. Your kitchen is constantly picked apart from random late night snacking.
14. Which also ensures leftovers never make it to the next day.
15. Before you go to sleep you absolutely have to make sure your phone is on silent.
Even the slightest notification will awaken you.
16. At one point you’ve considered going to a sleeping clinic.
17. You struggle feverishly to not get up and go to the bathroom throughout the night.
18. It’s gotten so bad that this looks appealing.
Because getting up to pee means not being able to go back to sleep.
19. You are blessed with the gift and the curse of never needing someone else wake you up.
Because, unfortunately your internal alarm is always on.
20. At some point you’ve resorted to using sleeping pills to get you through the night.
21. You’ve experienced hallucinations when the sleeping pills don’t actually knock you out.
Even though being a light sleeper can be super annoying…
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Rapper 50 Cent may claim he's broke, but court records filed in his bankruptcy case show he has $10 million in various bank accounts.