2. We know it’s a tough time.
3. And the pain of defeat is brutal.
4. But there is still much to be hopeful for.
5. An entire coutry has rallied behind you.
6. You have put on heroic performances.
7. And progressed through the tournament with grace.
8. (And typical Brazilian style.)
9. Even when tragedy struck.
Brazilian star Neymar was ruled out of the World Cup after he sustained a back injury against Colombia.
10. You honored your fallen teammate.
12. You displayed respect.
Brazil’s David Luiz and Dani Alves urge the crowd to acknowledge Colombia’s James Rodriguez amazing World Cup performance.
13. And compassion for opponents.
15. You may have lost,
16. And the pain is harsh.
17. However, defeat at home is something you’ve experienced before.
18. You’ve felt the everlasting sting of the “Maracanazo.”
19. But your resilient spirit allowed you to rise from the ashes.
20. And you went on to produce some of the most legendary teams.
23. So don’t cry Brazil.
25. And you’ve achieved glory more times than anyone else.
26. So “Get up, get rid of the dirt, and let’s move on.”
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›