2. We know it’s a tough time.
3. And the pain of defeat is brutal.
4. But there is still much to be hopeful for.
5. An entire coutry has rallied behind you.
6. You have put on heroic performances.
7. And progressed through the tournament with grace.
8. (And typical Brazilian style.)
9. Even when tragedy struck.
Brazilian star Neymar was ruled out of the World Cup after he sustained a back injury against Colombia.
10. You honored your fallen teammate.
12. You displayed respect.
Brazil’s David Luiz and Dani Alves urge the crowd to acknowledge Colombia’s James Rodriguez amazing World Cup performance.
13. And compassion for opponents.
15. You may have lost,
16. And the pain is harsh.
17. However, defeat at home is something you’ve experienced before.
18. You’ve felt the everlasting sting of the “Maracanazo.”
19. But your resilient spirit allowed you to rise from the ashes.
20. And you went on to produce some of the most legendary teams.
23. So don’t cry Brazil.
25. And you’ve achieved glory more times than anyone else.
26. So “Get up, get rid of the dirt, and let’s move on.”
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who accused of helping two inmates escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈