2. We know it’s a tough time.
3. And the pain of defeat is brutal.
4. But there is still much to be hopeful for.
5. An entire coutry has rallied behind you.
6. You have put on heroic performances.
7. And progressed through the tournament with grace.
8. (And typical Brazilian style.)
9. Even when tragedy struck.
Brazilian star Neymar was ruled out of the World Cup after he sustained a back injury against Colombia.
10. You honored your fallen teammate.
11. And showed how much you care for each other.
12. You displayed respect.
Brazil’s David Luiz and Dani Alves urge the crowd to acknowledge Colombia’s James Rodriguez amazing World Cup performance.
13. And compassion for opponents.
14. Along with those who are less fortunate off the pitch.
15. You may have lost,
16. And the pain is harsh.
17. However, defeat at home is something you’ve experienced before.
18. You’ve felt the everlasting sting of the “Maracanazo.”
19. But your resilient spirit allowed you to rise from the ashes.
20. And you went on to produce some of the most legendary teams.
23. So don’t cry Brazil.
25. And you’ve achieved glory more times than anyone else.
26. So “Get up, get rid of the dirt, and let’s move on.”
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›