2. The sting of defeat is real.
3. And sadness has set in.
4. But take comfort in knowing you were never alone.
5. Your fans were with you through the amazing ups.
6. And the bitterly stressful downs.
7. You were at the very brink of ultimate glory.
8. You progressed further than your hated rival, Brazil.
9. And performed magnificently in its fabled Maracanã.
10. And even when tragedy struck your rival…
12. You fought with your opponents relentlessly on the pitch.
13. When confronted with setbacks…
14. You still managed to shine through.
15. You put on heroic performances.
16. And gave due credit to the people that got you there.
After Argentina’s penalty shootout, goalie Sergio Romero removed his jersey, revealing the names of his wife and kids.
17. You played with emotion.
18. And typical Argentine flair.
19. So don’t be sad, Argentina.
20. You’re still the team that gave us the world’s greatest player…
23. You had an amazing run.
24. And even though you didn’t get the trophy you wanted…
26. And your fans…
27. …Along with your greatest son…
28. …Are grateful.
29. Thank you for an amazing World Cup.
Gracias por tanto.
- [Florida is bracing for tropical storm Erika, which is expected to hit the stat on Monday after tearing through Caribbean islands. At least 20 people have been killed. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- And on the same day 10 years later, former U.S. President George W. Bush toured New Orleans on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›