1. Tim Duncan is the greatest power forward of all time.
He may be The Big Fundamental but nothing is boring about four championship rings.
2. Tony Parker is one of the most dynamic point guards in the game.
3. Manu Ginobli, is always super intense.
Actually really really intense.
4. Together they make up the Spurs’ big three, and they know a thing or two about loyalty. All three have spent their entire NBA careers in San Antonio.
5. They are the only team in the league to regularly feature mariachi performances.
6. Local businesses give out free coffee after every playoff wins.
7. Coach Popovich is a total baddass during games.
And his baddassery carries over to media interviews.
8. They stay true to a diverse fan base, and mix things up with bilingual jerseys.
9. Oh, and their bench is ridiculously good.
A deep and talented bench allows them to wear teams down.
10. Fans always bring the noise.
Which gives them a distinct home court advantage.
11. The Coyote mascot always mingles with the public.
12. The team has an entertaining and hilarious rivalry with sports commentator Charles Barkley.
The feud goes back to 2012, but was reignited when Barkley made comments about the Spurs fan base.
13. The great Matt “Red Mamba” Bonner may have the best nickname in the league.
14. General Manager R.C. Buford is one of the league’s premier team architects.
15. He has been instrumental in taking them to the mountain top four times.
Don’t say it’s not a dynasty.
16. They are always all business on the court.
17. But also know how to have fun off it.
18. They have given Texas sports fans much to cheer about.
In the past 15 years they have won more championships then all other sport franchises in the state combined.
20. You might want to think twice before crossing a superstitious Spurs fan.
They are protected.
21. No other team celebrates championships with a river parade.
22. They are the White Walkers of the playoffs: cold, precise, and often deadly.
23. Let’s be honest, they could use another banner hanging above the stands.
24. And Duncan deserves to go out on top.
GO SPURS GO!