1. You’ve found pesos mixed in with dollars in your pocket and wished they were worth the same amounts.
Both these facts meant you probably drank waaay more than you should have.
6. You are very familiar with the “street” version of street tacos.
7. Long lines at the border crossing were a regular occurrence.
9. You avoided crowded malls at all costs during Mexican holidays.
Don’t even bother during Semana Santa.
10. It always seemed as it you had to go through a U.S. checkpoint when you’re in a hurry.
11. If you went to private school, chances are half of your classmates were wealthy Mexicans.