1. Long Speeches
Wikipedia says the audience hears best at 150 words spoken per minute, so expect a few of these to break 2 minutes.
2. Filled with thanks…
While the odds are low anyone will come close to the 32 times Halle Berry said ‘thank’, almost everyone will begin their speech with thanks. Only three speeches since 1972 have omitted ‘thank’— John Houseman in 1974, Tom Hanks in 1993, and Juliette Binoche in 1997.
- Male actors are over 2x as likely to thank their agent
- Female actors are over 3x as likely to thank their families
(Data from the Academy Awards Acceptance Speech Database.)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›