1. Long Speeches
Wikipedia says the audience hears best at 150 words spoken per minute, so expect a few of these to break 2 minutes.
2. Filled with thanks…
While the odds are low anyone will come close to the 32 times Halle Berry said ‘thank’, almost everyone will begin their speech with thanks. Only three speeches since 1972 have omitted ‘thank’— John Houseman in 1974, Tom Hanks in 1993, and Juliette Binoche in 1997.
- Male actors are over 2x as likely to thank their agent
- Female actors are over 3x as likely to thank their families
(Data from the Academy Awards Acceptance Speech Database.)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.