1. Long Speeches
Wikipedia says the audience hears best at 150 words spoken per minute, so expect a few of these to break 2 minutes.
2. Filled with thanks…
While the odds are low anyone will come close to the 32 times Halle Berry said ‘thank’, almost everyone will begin their speech with thanks. Only three speeches since 1972 have omitted ‘thank’— John Houseman in 1974, Tom Hanks in 1993, and Juliette Binoche in 1997.
- Male actors are over 2x as likely to thank their agent
- Female actors are over 3x as likely to thank their families
(Data from the Academy Awards Acceptance Speech Database.)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️