4. If you’re not feeling motivated, just focus on putting on your running gear. Often that’s half the battle.
And if you’re really concerned you won’t even make it that far, some people recommend sleeping in your running clothes so you have no excuse when you wake up!
7. If you’re running to music, pick songs with BPMs (beats per minute) that match your pace.
Find out what you should be running to here.
8. Try listening to a book on tape or a podcast if you’re going on longer runs.
It helps time pass when you’re out running for a while, and wanting to hear the next chapter can help motivate you to lace up in the first place.
18. When buying new running shoes, ask if they have the older model of the shoe you’re looking for.
The changes from model to model are usually fairly minor, and you can sometimes save a ton of money by opting for the other, just as good shoe.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.