Old people are secretly the stars of Disney movies. Here are the best of the best.
10. Fairy Godmother — Cinderella
Why is she an awesome old person: She’s a solid tailor and profoundly kind. If you were having a bad day, she would make it 1000% better. She might not even need to use her magic. She’s just nice like that.
8. Georges Hautecourt — The Aristocats
Why is he an awesome old person: Georges seems to be a good-hearted chap, but he gets the edge over his client, Madame Bonfamille, because he’s unintentionally gifted at physical comedy. And his glasses are ridiculous.
7. Archimedes Q. Porter — Tarzan
Why is he an awesome old person: He just seems delightful. He’s a loving father, a devoted scientist, and look how high his pants are pulled up.
5. Yzma — The Emperor’s New Groove
Why is she an awesome old person: Yzma is evil, but man does she rock it. And she gets stuff done — aside from the whole “actually killing Kuzco” thing. Broad’s got style, and most importantly, she’s voiced by Eartha Kitt.
Oh, and she’s also a total badass.
2. Carl Fredricksen — Up
Why is he an awesome old person: Carl Fredricksen is the realest old person in the Disney cannon. He’s grumpy, he’s achey, and he clearly brings a lifetime’s worth of experiences with him wherever he goes. But he also has a heart of gold, and has plenty more life to live.
1. Merlin — The Sword in the Stone
Why is he an awesome old person: Carl may be the most truthful and moving portrayal of the elderly in a Disney movie, but the wizard Merlin would be a blast to hang out with. He’s a crazy, brilliant, time traveling wizard.
He goes on vacation in Bermuda. In the future. He is the greatest.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are facing off for the first time since the Bern's big win in New Hampshire. We're bringing it to you live 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.