Sure the Disney Princesses are great, but you know the saying: age before beauty.
Old people are secretly the stars of Disney movies. Here are the best of the best.
15. Lady Tremaine — Cinderella
Why is she an awesome old person: She would be the least fun Disney senior to hang out with by far, but you have to give her a little credit for being a stone-cold beotch.
14. Kekata — Pocahontas
Why is he an awesome old person: Kekata doesn’t get all that much to do in Pocahontas, which is why he isn’t ranked higher, but he’s clearly wise and level-headed.
13. Madam Mim — The Sword in the Stone
Why is she an awesome old person: As evidenced by her quote, Madam Mim is honest. She’s a crazy and off-putting, but you get the sense that Madam Mim really loves being Madam Mim. Good for her.
12. The Duke of Weselton — Frozen
Why is he an awesome old person: He’s a duplicitous little twerp, that’s for sure, but he’s got a nice veneer of class to him, and a pretty solid mustache. Also, dude’s got moves.
11. Grandmother Willow — Pocahontas
Why is she an awesome old, umm, tree: In addition to being thoughtful, kind, and full of great insights, Grandmother Willow is the best at throwing shade *badum-tish*
10. Fairy Godmother — Cinderella
Why is she an awesome old person: She’s a solid tailor and profoundly kind. If you were having a bad day, she would make it 1000% better. She might not even need to use her magic. She’s just nice like that.
9. Madame Adelaide Bonfamille — The Aristocats
Why is she an awesome old person: She’s so fancy. Madame Bonfamille looks great for her age, but she’s also a warm and generous person, though she is a little naive.
8. Georges Hautecourt — The Aristocats
Why is he an awesome old person: Georges seems to be a good-hearted chap, but he gets the edge over his client, Madame Bonfamille, because he’s unintentionally gifted at physical comedy. And his glasses are ridiculous.
7. Archimedes Q. Porter — Tarzan
Why is he an awesome old person: He just seems delightful. He’s a loving father, a devoted scientist, and look how high his pants are pulled up.
6. Rafiki — The Lion King
Why is he an awesome old mandrill: Rafiki has that special brand of craziness that comes hand-in-hand with wisdom. Also, he beat the bejeezus out of those Hyenas, which was pretty sweet.
5. Yzma — The Emperor’s New Groove
Why is she an awesome old person: Yzma is evil, but man does she rock it. And she gets stuff done — aside from the whole “actually killing Kuzco” thing. Broad’s got style, and most importantly, she’s voiced by Eartha Kitt.
4. Grandma Fa — Mulan
Why is she an awesom old person: Grandma Fa is a devoted and loving member of the Fa family, but the best part about her is just how sassy she is. She’s feisty and DGAF.
3. Widow Tweed — The Fox and the Hound
Why is she an awesome old person: Look at her. Look how kind she is. She loves animals, and even has a soft spot for her neighbor Amos Slade, despite their animosity.
Oh, and she’s also a total badass.
2. Carl Fredricksen — Up
Why is he an awesome old person: Carl Fredricksen is the realest old person in the Disney cannon. He’s grumpy, he’s achey, and he clearly brings a lifetime’s worth of experiences with him wherever he goes. But he also has a heart of gold, and has plenty more life to live.
He was one half of the greatest, saddest love story ever told. Carl loved Ellie, we love Carl.
1. Merlin — The Sword in the Stone
Why is he an awesome old person: Carl may be the most truthful and moving portrayal of the elderly in a Disney movie, but the wizard Merlin would be a blast to hang out with. He’s a crazy, brilliant, time traveling wizard.
He goes on vacation in Bermuda. In the future. He is the greatest.
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›