1. The Sims: moveObjects on
Typing CTRL + SHIFT + C followed by ‘move_objects on’ gave you complete control of your house. But instead of making home improvements, this was mainly used to catch your Sim in the shower and trap them inside a table.
2. Mario Kart 64: Rainbow Road Shortcut
On Rainbow Road, you need any help you can get. This shortcut provided the unique opportunity to aggravate all of your friends and cut half of the track.
3. Grand Theft Auto 3: Spawn A Rhino
A sequenced button bash on the PlayStation controller drops a tank right in front of you. What next? Well, you jump in and go on a mindless rampage with a vehicle impervious to damage. Endless fun.
4. Goldeneye 007: DK Mode
To unlock DK Mode, all you had to do was complete Runway in 5:00 or less. Turning this on gave the characters massive heads and provided hours of multiplayer entertainment.
5. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3: FREAKSHOW
Typing ‘FREAKSHOW’ into the ‘Cheats’ option unlocked ALL characters. Giving you the chance to skate with Darth Maul, Wolverine, Officer Dick, Private Carrera, Ollie The Magic Bum, Kelly Slater, Demoness, and the Neversoft Eyeball Man.
6. Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Debug Mode
Now this was a little tricky to execute but more than worth it in the end. By going to sound test and playing the tracks in a specific order, you were given complete control over the levels and the power of game design was left in your hands. I said it was worth it.
7. Sim City 2000: Tons of Cash and All Rewards
Depending on your operating system, typing BUDDAMUS, IMACHEAT or ARDO gave you $500,000 and all rewards. Because building a city ain’t easy.
8. Mortal Kombat Genesis: Blood Mode
According to the ‘experts’, Mortal Komat was corrupting our youth and the home version of the game had to be censored. Fortunately, there was a cheat to get that much loved gore back into the game - pressing ‘ABACABB’ on the genesis controller.
9. Doom: God Mode
Ahhh, the inability to lose by typing that unforgettable ‘iddqd’ code.
10. Metal Gear Solid 3: The End
Just in case you didn’t have a spare couple of hours to defeat the final boss, this cheat made things a little easier. By going to the hardware settings and advancing the clock a few years, you don’t even have to bother fighting The End as he dies of old age!
11. Mega Man 3: Super Jump
All this required was a simple push of ‘right’ on the second controller. Tempting, right?
12. Wolfenstein 3D: All Guns, Ammo, and Keys
Much like Doom, this made the whole first person experience a lot more exciting. All this required was a combined push of ILM.
13. Super Mario Bros: Unlimited 1 Ups
Go to World 3-1, jump on the second turtle and keep bouncing to unlock a 1-up. Just don’t get greedy because 100 1-ups will result in a game over. DUH!
14. Half-Life: Console Mode
Launching Half-Life in console mode provided endless amusement and a load of cheats to get Freeman through Black Mesa in one piece. Some of these options included invincibility and invisibility.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.