1. On last week’s Parenthood premiere, we met Peet (Lost vet Sonya Walger).
2. She’s the architect that will be working with Joel (Sam Jaeger) for two years. And though many thought she’d be flirting with Joel, she seemed to be eyeing Julia (Erika Christensen) at dinner.
3. This week, we’ll meet Ed (The Office alum David Denman), a recently unemployed stay-at-home dad who Julia gets stuck with on a volunteer project at Victor and Sydney’s school.
5. As for what we should expect…
“On any other show, [Peet and Joel] would be making out wildly in her second appearance,” Jaeger told TVLine. “We’ll see [Joel and Julia’s marriage] be tested, but not in an obvious way. It’s just a relationship that’s starting to fray a little bit.”
6. Tune in to find out what happens with Ed, Julia, Joel, and Peet on Parenthood, Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty, his attorney said. He is accused of killing nine people at a Charleston church in June.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.