1. A week ago, this is what was going on on the Orange Is the New Black set.
2. And this is what was going on Thursday, after the show earned a whopping 12 Emmy nominations for its first season.
From top left: Laverne Cox (Sophia Burset), Adrienne C. Moore (“Black Cindy” Hayes), Selenis Leyva (Gloria Mendoza), Dascha Polanco (Daya Diaz), Taylor Schilling (Piper Chapman), Jackie Cruz (Flaca Gonzales), Danielle Brooks (Tasha “Taystee” Jefferson), Yael Stone (Lorna Morello), Emma Myles (Leanne Taylor), Uzo Aduba (Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren), and Vicky Jeudy (Janae Watson)
3. Laverne and Uzo were nominated for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series.
6. Taylor (center) was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
7. And, even though they weren’t on set, Natasha Lyonne (Nicky Nichols) was also nominated for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series and Kate Mulgrew (Galina “Red” Reznikov) earned a nod for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
8. But it was a day for everyone to celebrate because the show earned a nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series.
9. Never before has an “Eat Shit And Die” hat seemed so celebratory, courtesy of Lea DeLaria (Big Boo).
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›
- There were three stabbings in Jerusalem on Monday, part of a monthlong wave of violence between Israelis and Palestinians. ›