2. And she was so incredibly gracious and self-aware about the harrowing role in 12 Years A Slave that got her to this point.
5. She also thanked the Yale School of Drama, her friends, and her family, especially her brother Peter “Junior” Nyong’o, who was her date for the evening.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›