1. When he came out from behind the curtain and looked simultaneously excited and nervous.
5. When Fallon looked to his left and saw the comforting sight of The Roots.
Including Questlove’s amazing “I <3 NY” bow tie.
7. And when he got a little verklempt thinking of a young kid looking up to him like he once did with Johnny Carson.
9. When he sat behind his Tonight Show desk for the first time and talked about Spike Lee directing the show’s opening.
25. When he and Will Smith wore matching overalls, geometric print T-shirts, and chains.
26. And taught us how to Dougie.
29. When they reminisced about Fallon’s performance of Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair” as Neil Young and re-created the chorus.
34. And when U2 made his dreams come true by doing an acoustic performance.
The band sang their Oscar-nominated song “Ordinary Love” from Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›