E.G. Daily auditioned for The Voice Season 5 this week with a rasptastic performance of Faith Hill’s “Breathe.”
Both Blake and Cee Lo turned their giant red chairs around.
And while the boys were bickering, Christina was all, “You look familiar.” And E.G. was all, “Have you seen Pee Wee’s Big Adventure?”
Christina, Adam, and Cee Lo couldn’t get over it. And then, E.G. dropped the Tommy Pickles bomb.
“A baby’s gotta do what a baby’s gotta do” is right, girl.
Yet, she went with Blake.
“Today I’m here for the voice that I’m singing with,” she noted, throwing a little shade at Cee Lo, who was all about her voice and acting résumé.
But the woman who voiced Tommy throughout most of the ’00s is full of many more surprises…
1. She had a Billboard Top 100 hit in 1986 called “Say It, Say It.”
2. She has two teenage daughters with Rick Salomon, who went on to marry Shannen Doherty and Pamela Anderson. You may know his work from Paris Hilton’s sex tape, 1 Night In Paris.
3. She was Angus T. Jones’ singing voice on the Two and a Half Men theme song from Seasons 1–8.
4. Oh, and she was Buttercup in The Powerpuff Girls.
5. She also had two songs on the Scarface soundtrack.
6. And she starred in the totally ’80s teen rom-com Valley Girl, which also introduced Nicolas Cage to the world.
(Seriously, do yourself a favor and watch it.)
7. Baby Mumble in Happy Feet? Also, E.G.
8. And she had a song on The Breakfast Club soundtrack.
9. She was also the singer in the ’80s classic Better Off Dead.
10. And the voice of Froggy in the 1994 Little Rascals remake.
11. And of the titular character in the Babe sequel, Babe: Pig in the City.
Fun fact: In the original Babe, the legendary pig was voiced by Christine Cavanaugh, who also voiced Tommy Pickles’ best friend Chuckie Finster in Rugrats.
12. And that grunting and screaming from Bamm-Bamm Rubble in the live-action 1994 Flintstones movie was also E.G.’s doing.
13. The actress also played Leslie, Phoebe’s former singer partner turned TV jingle writer, on Friends.
She went behind Phoebe’s back and sold “Smelly Cat” as a jingle for kitty litter and then Phoebe wrote this song about her:
Hopefully, E.G. and Blake see eye-to-eye a bit better.
Even though he’s like, 1,000 feet taller than her.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Rapper 50 Cent may claim he's broke, but court records filed in his bankruptcy case show he has $10 million in various bank accounts.