1. Anthony Weiner, Jamerican.
2. Christine Quinn likes to point out that she is the only woman running for mayor.
4. This ad depicts Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes as a sacrificial chicken. It is an appeal for the Orthodox Jewish vote.
Gothamist / Via gothamist.com
5. “I remember getting mugged when I was a kid on my way to Yeshiva.”
6. Eliot Spitzer also rather direct in his appeal to Orthodox Jews.
7. John Catsimatidis is a friend to all Greeks.
8. Bill Thompson, the only black candidate in the mayoral race, has sought to make sure voters know he is, in fact, black.
9. But the most effective invocation of identity, by far, has been Bill de Blasio’s centering his campaign on his interracial family.
10. As his daughter Chiara puts it: De Blasio is “not some boring white guy.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.