1. Anthony Weiner, Jamerican.
2. Christine Quinn likes to point out that she is the only woman running for mayor.
4. This ad depicts Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes as a sacrificial chicken. It is an appeal for the Orthodox Jewish vote.
Gothamist / Via gothamist.com
5. “I remember getting mugged when I was a kid on my way to Yeshiva.”
6. Eliot Spitzer also rather direct in his appeal to Orthodox Jews.
7. John Catsimatidis is a friend to all Greeks.
8. Bill Thompson, the only black candidate in the mayoral race, has sought to make sure voters know he is, in fact, black.
9. But the most effective invocation of identity, by far, has been Bill de Blasio’s centering his campaign on his interracial family.
10. As his daughter Chiara puts it: De Blasio is “not some boring white guy.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️