1. According to its Indiegogo page, The Weiner Monologues will let audiences relive the ups and downs of Anthony Weiner’s mayoral campaign. But it also says it’s a conversation about the “personal and the communal in the age of the internet.”
2. The campaign already has raised $590, but its page says it will take $2,500 to make the play a reality. The money would go toward renting out a space, purchasing costumes, and creating the set.
3. This won’t be the first time this troupe of mostly Hunter College students and alumni made a Weiner-based play. In 2012 they put on a show based around his resignation and all that lead up to it.
A scene from the 2011 play.
4. Check out the promo video:
5. There’s only one comment on the Indiegogo page so far, and it’s pretty perfect.
Here Are The Top Stories
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade today. He's been apprehended..
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.