1. Rep. Eleanor Horton of Washington D.C. made it just under budget.
Eleanor H. Norton
On my way to House floor to talk abt huge food stamp cuts in Repub. farm bill. I’m on food stamp budget for a week. http://t.co/owkBKmtyNc
2. With little time to cook, Rep. Jim McGovern of Massachusetts got creative.
(Not pictured: A Carrot)
Rep. Jim McGovern
Again, not a lot of time to prepare meals today. A shredded cheese wrap and carrot will have to do. #snapchallenge http://t.co/utr6GOKjHg
3. Illinois Rep. Jan Schakowsky considered her options in the meat section.
I just finished shopping for #SNAPchallenge very challenging to shop. http://t.co/gSYpI7QKNG
4. But then she ran into her Congressional counterpart, Rep. Robin Kelly, also of Illinois.
Bumped into Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky in the grocery store yesterday. She too is doing the SNAP challenge…. http://t.co/mXl7JpFEHs
5. New Jersey’s Rep. Donald Payne Jr. didn’t share a picture, but tweeted about his experience.
Donald Payne Jr.
Seeing what it’s like for the 860,000 #NJ residents on #SNAP. An egg already took $1.08 out of my $4.50 budget. http://t.co/vNtZxWoWof
6. Rep. Dan Kildee of Michigan said he had a tough time deciding what to buy at the market.
Rep. Dan Kildee
Already making difficult choices between most nutritious meals & what’s on sale. Two items in cart. #SNAPchallenge http://t.co/KB9suaY1Ae
7. Rep. Barbara Lee from California noted that she had to fight temptation at her morning meeting.
Rep. Barbara Lee
In a meeting this morning and surrounded by candy- definitely not on my menu for the #SNAPChallenge. http://t.co/MeN6rVZqiy
8. Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan splurged on a Boca Burger and half an orange.
U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan
My first lunch on #SNAPChallenge: wheat bread, Boca burger w/ ketchup & half an orange. I have $4.50 of food for day http://t.co/w3vWxKFLae
9. Michigan Rep. John Conyers enjoyed a nice egg and some milk for breakfast.
My first meal of the day taking the #SNAPChallenge: scrambled eggs, milk, & a piece of white bread. http://t.co/IGX0CNvIuX
10. Rep. Marc Veasey from Texas only had a plum, but it looks like it was a REALLY GOOD PLUM.
Rep. Marc Veasey
Started my morning with a plum for brkfst. #SNAPChallenge http://t.co/dgCHqiTWU4
11. Rep. Sandy Levin of Michigan chose Skippy to start his day.
19% of #MI residents on any given day aren’t sure they will be able to get enough to eat. Day 1 #snapchallenge http://t.co/vdLhmY9ilp
12. Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.) took his shopping very seriously.
Rep. Joe Crowley
Moment of truth while checking out #snapchallenge http://t.co/739k9b0zma
13. Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham from New Mexico engaged her cashier in some political banter.
Don’t mind the folks patiently waiting behind you.
In the checkout line on my #SNAPchallenge shopping trip. Had to make lots of tough food choices to spend just $31.50. http://t.co/z6msv2S8XC
14. California Rep. Doris Matsui showed off her groceries for the week.
Rep. Doris Matsui
Day 1 of #SNAPChallenge. Shopped for my groceries- very challenging. Couldnâ€™t afford fresh fruits or veggies http://t.co/CXjzDmrSDT