1. Hester Nights
Save yourself the struggle of choosing just one dish: every Thursday, a host of eateries come to ply their wares at the Eventi Hotel Plaza. This year’s highlights include Thai chicken with rice, Peruvian empanadas and hand-churned ice cream.
2. Greenwood Park Bar
A huge auto repair shop turned outdoor beer garden in the South Slope, you’ll find American goodies on tap and maybe even roast pig on the menu, thanks to a freestanding BBQ pit. Plus, bocce ball, because why not.
3. Boat Basin Café
A Riverside Park highlight that really is all about the view. Grab a frozen margarita and settle in for a kick-ass summer sunset over the Hudson.
4. The Creperie at Le Bain
First, the view. Also, the crepes. But really: you can eat a crepe while chilling in a lawn chair, all on top of The Standard hotel looking out over Lower Manhattan.
5. Wafels and Dinges in Central Park
The wafel trucks’ goods are delicious anywhere, but strolling through Central Park with an ice cream and Nutella-laden waffle is a definite bucket-lister.
Satisfy your hipster cravings with this Brooklyn food bonanza. Local made sodas, hand-rolled bagels and some very creative nachos, landing in Williamsburg on Saturdays and DUMBO on Sundays.
7. Smokeline on the High Line
BrisketTown’s Dan Delaney brings his barbecue to Manhattan with brisket sandwiches, ribs and homemade pies. Warning: they usually sell out by the afternoon, so you may be doing brisket for breakfast.
8. Studio Square
A massive outdoor beer garden in Long Island City that boasts live music, karaoke nights and a big tap list. Plus, it’s only two subway stops out of Manhattan.
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›