1. It is the beginning of Day #6 for Twitch TV’s social experiment, where nearly 75,000 people are playing the game Pokemon Red.
2. This is accomplished through a program that translates chat comments into in-game commands. With over 120 hours down, they’ve managed to accrue four badges and are currently, as of this writing, in Team Rocket’s Hideout.
3. But with what amounts to the opposite of a hive mind, there’s been an awful lot of this.
4. Here’s a time-lapse from Day #4, at 3500% speed.
8. Twitch Plays Pokemon already has its own Twitter handle. Here is their estimated breakdown of time spent.
15. However, with the creation of a God, there must also be a devil. That role is filled by the Dome Fossil, who is accompanied by his evil demon-minion Eevee/Flareon.
18. The enemy won the first great victory, as the furry false prophet Eevee and his spherical master were able to banish Abby, real name ABBBBBBBK (, and Jay Leno, real name JLVWNNOOOO, for eternity.
19. And the sacred Helix Fossil was deposited into the PC, seemingly forsaking his disciples.
21. Abby’s sacrifice at the hands of the Chaos-worshiping Eevee will not go unpunished by the God-Emperor Bird Jesus.
23. Some players began to pray to false idols, such as the golden nugget.
24. Others chose to throw their lot in with the second-rate S.S. Ticket.
25. The only thing that saw them through was the wisdom of Bird Jesus and Prophet Oak.
26. And lo, on the fifth day, the Helix Fossil rose again!
i.e. was withdrawn from the PC.