3. Guess it’s all champagne and royalty checks from here on out, huh?
6. You know, where you ask incredibly cool strangers to say nice things about your book?
7. Incredibly cool people who you would never dare approach in real life because you respect them too much?
8. But now, instead of contacting them to say, “Hi, I worship your work…”
10. You’re saying, “Hi, would you please like my work and be OK with me telling everyone in the entire world you like my work even though we’ve never met and you owe me absolutely nothing?”
16. Because in your mind, these incredibly cool strangers are all:
22. Far more likely than these incredibly cool strangers hating your work is the fact that these incredibly cool strangers are constantly getting requests like this.
23. So who cares that you haven’t heard back? Just keeping doing what you do.
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›