1. In this gorgeous Chinese Garden at the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens in San Marino, Calif.
2. On the ancient steps of the Library of Celsus in Selçuk, Turkey.
3. In the hallowed halls of The Cuypers Library, the largest and oldest art historical library in the Netherlands.
4. In the shade of Phra Mondob (“the Scripture Hall”), in Thailand.
5. In the Villa Tesoriera (“house of the treasurer”) in the Italian city of Turin, where the Andrea Della Corte municipal music library is housed.
6. On the lawns of the Biblioteca Municipal de Sorocaba (“Sorocaba Public Library”) in São Paulo, Brazil.
7. Under the painted dome of the Library of Congress in Washington, DC.
8. In the library of this private micro-studio off the coast of Corfu island in Greece.
9. At the feet of these statues outside the Biblioteca Nacional de España (“National Library of Spain”) in Madrid.
10. Inside the library of the San Anton Palace in Malta.
11. Among the ruins of Hadrian’s Library in Athens.
12. While lounging inside the Neo Classical Library of Sultan Ahmed in Istanbul, Turkey.
13. Under the gorgeous arches at the Biblioteca Campeche in Mexico.
14. Among the many windows of the 武汉大学图书馆 (“Wuhan University Library”) in China.
15. By the reflecting pond outside the Herman B Wells Library in Bloomington, Ind.
16. Under the reflective windows of the Biblioteca Municipal in San Sebastian, Spain.
17. Amid the trees below Stok Gompa, a monastery and palace with a library that includes all 108 volumes of the Kangjur, in Ladakh, India.
18. By the fountain at the Stift Melk (“Melk Abbey”), known for its extensive manuscript collection, in Austria.
19. Underneath this comforting John Milton quote in the New York Public Library in Manhattan.
20. Among the racks of The Long Room at the Old Library at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
21. In Volksgarten park outside the Österreichische Nationalbibliothek (“Austrian National Library”) in Vienna.
22. In the incredible courtyard of this ancient library at Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
23. Or perhaps you’re in your super comfortable bed, happy to be reading right where you are.
The painted dome pictured in number seven was originally the wrong painted dome. The error has been resolved and the right painted dome is now pictured. Painted dome painted dome painted dome (sorry, I just like saying it).