1. On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, which was filming in Orlando to celebrate Universal Studio’s Diagon Alley extension to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Tariq and The Roots performed a Harry Potter-inspired rap and it was incredible.
Tariq, who Jimmy described as “one of the biggest Harry Potter fans out there,” took Questlove’s beat and launched into some fantastic fantastical rhymes: “Yo, lend me an Extendable Ear, then another ear / Hit the Three Broomsticks, give me a Butterbeer…”
2. Who knew Hogwarts hip-hop was going to be the hottest release of the week? Enjoy, you music-loving Muggles:
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)