2. CallMeIshmael.com is a fascinating and fantastic new way to celebrate books:
3. The concept is simple:
Call Ishmael’s number: 774.325.0503. It goes straight to voicemail.
Listen to Ishmael’s short answering machine message. It changes weekly.
Leave a voicemail about a book you love and a story you have lived.
6. Whether a story about looking up the definition of “heartache” in a gifted dictionary…
7. …or learning about prejudice in the time of the Civil Rights Movement with some help from Dr. Seuss…
8. …or receiving a time-traveling book recommendation from a dead friend…
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- President Obama is one vote away from sealing a historic nuclear deal with Iran after two Democratic senators backed the agreement. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›