1. DO: Make your commute more entertaining by reading an e-book or listening to music.
Jens Schott Knudsen / Moment Mobile / Getty Images
2. DON’T: Carry a magnifying glass — open up the settings and make the fonts larger if text’s too small.
Tito Atchaa / Photonica / Getty Images
3. DO: Breeze through rush hour by mounting your tablet for easy directions.
4. DON’T: Play your music out loud while commuting.
Chris Turner / Stone / Getty Images
7. DO: Watch movies and TV shows on all your flights.
Ilya Terentyev / Vetta / Getty Images
8. DON’T: Binge watch without proper preparation (pillows, snacks, table support, etc.).
Eric Audras / ONOKY / Getty Images
9. DO: Regain some of your sanity when the kids get nutty.
hi res / WIN-Initiative / Getty Images / Via gettyimages.com
10. DON’T: Make phone calls on your tablet (at least like this).
11. DO: Capture key moments with your built-in camera.
12. DON’T: Block everyone’s view by taking photos with it at a concert.
Cesare Ferrari / E+ / Getty Images
13. DO: Stage a concert with tablet instruments.
14. DO: Get creative together with it — your tablet can do more than you think.
Betsie Van Der Meer / Taxi / Getty Images