1. Democrats are more likely to have tattoos than Republicans
(18% vs 14%)
2. Seven U.S. congressmen (and 1 congresswoman) have tattoos
Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-Ill.) and Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) have sleeves.
3. The earliest recorded tattoo belonged to Utzi the Iceman
Circa 3300 BC. He had a total of 57 tattoos.
4. Speaking of Utzi, Brad Pitt has his likeness tattooed on him
Oh hey Brad.
5. The earliest Finger-stache appeared in 2003
Good to know.
6. 14% percent of Americans have at least one tattoo
17% of them regret it.
7. Czar Nicholas got a dragon inked on his right arm in the 1800s
Eat your heart out, Stieg Larsson. (RIP)
8. A restaurant in Ohio offers a 25% discount to anyone sporting a grilled cheese tattoo
Which means you now have TWO good reasons to get that tattoo.
9. The Maori of New Zealand carve designs into their skin using bone chisels, then fill them in with ink.
(This is called Moko)
11. Lucky Diamond Rich is the world’s most tattooed man
Wonder if he feels sexy, too.
12. The tattoo industry’s annual revenue is reportedly 2.3 billion dollars
That’s a lot of these guys.
13. A rooster tattooed on one leg and a pig on the other was said to protect a sailor from drowning
Neither animal can swim.
14. Ferrets get tattoos!
Breeders put dots in ferrets’ ears to indicate spaying or neutering.