Some girls skip fasts in Ramadan.
This is us, before suhoor, between suhoor and maghrib, and after maghrib.
And while sometimes the monthly monster can be the reason for it…
It’s awkward for everyone involved when you always assume it’s Aunty Flo. Here are some reasons you should stop:
1. Maybe the lass is going on a tiring road trip.
Travelling is hard without snacks. Also, there can only be one kind of ‘fast’ at a time.
2. Or has a long, exhausting cross-continent flight.
The luggage is too heavy and the timezones too confusing.
3. She could be sick too.
HOW CAN I HAVE CHICKEN SOUP IF I FAST?
4. Maybe so sick, she barfed earlier that day.
It’s not like she wanted it to happen, trust me.
5. She forgot she’s fasting and accidentally ate lunch.
And drank a variety of sodas…accidentally.
6. Dismal self-restraint is also a common reason.
“Maybe if I beg God for forgiveness later…”
7. She forgot to stuff her face at suhoor.
Imagine fasting without suhoor… *shudders*
8. She took a blood test.
Or donated blood, or got a flu shot. Whatever, we all know what religious scholars say about fasting and syringes.
9. She got injured (not in the uterus).
Even God gave us all the injury pass.
11. Perhaps she has a dentist’s appointment.
There is blood. Let’s focus on coming out of the clinic alive first.
12. Or an illness that doesn’t allow her to fast.
Do your research before blaming it on Aunt Flo.
14. She has bouts of depression where only food can help.
15. But she could just be overly attached to snacking.
LAWWWD FORGIVE, THESE CHICKEN WINGS ARE SINFUL.
17. She lives in Scandinavia, where a fast lasts for 23 hours
What we’re trying to say at this point is that the possible reasons are endless.
18. She’s simply not religious.
Believe it or not, some of us aren’t that into it.