5. “What does this mean in Sign Language?” *waves hands around*
NOTHING. IT MEANS NOTHING. Now what does “aoijfnsokmaqpotwjgin” mean in English?
10. “When people yawn, do Deaf people think they’re yelling?”
13. “Wait, your dad can hear music?! I thought he was Deaf?”
Hearing aids, cochlear implants, TECHNOLOGY, different levels of Deafness… come onnnnnnn
15. Telesales person: “Can I speak to the homeowner?” You: “Sorry no, the homeowner is Deaf.” Telesales Person: “OK, if you tell him to give me a call back…”
17. “You’re bilingual? But Sign Language isn’t, like, a real language though…”
18. “Your parents are Deaf?! That’s so cool…um not cool…but….”
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."