1. Whisky, Whiskey, so good they named it twice
The spelling of whisky, or whiskey differs geographically. As a rule of thumb, American and Irish prefer ‘whiskey’ while Scots, Canadians and the rest of the world’s single malt producers prefer ‘whisky’.
4. Whisky has spawned some great quotes
Whisky has been the source of some of the greatest quotes!
“The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whisky. By diligent effort, I learnt to like it” – Sir Winston Churchill
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough” – Mark Twain
“Whisky is liquid sunshine” – George Bernard Shaw
8. Whisky can be a great investment
The fact that whisky doesn’t deteriorate in the bottle makes rare or limited release whiskies a lucrative investment opportunity. For example, the Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 1 was released as a distillery exclusive and hit the market at £150. It now sells at auction for over £2,000.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. Here's a recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.