1. A Canadian woman was arrested in Colombia Wednesday for smuggling drugs in a fake pregnant belly.
2. Tabitha Leah Ritchie, 28, of Toronto, was boarding an Air Canada flight at the Bogota airport when security noticed her stomach felt unusually cold and hard.
4. Authorities told the Associated Press Ritchie arrived in the country August 6 and identified herself as a social worker.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The Washington, D.C., Navy Yard is on lockdown as police investigate reports of an active shooter on or near the campus.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- A ferry carrying 173 passengers capsized in the Philippines, leaving at least 36 people dead.
- The U.S. has formally requested that Switzerland extradite 7 top FIFA officials who were arrested in Zurich in May.