1. A Canadian woman was arrested in Colombia Wednesday for smuggling drugs in a fake pregnant belly.
2. Tabitha Leah Ritchie, 28, of Toronto, was boarding an Air Canada flight at the Bogota airport when security noticed her stomach felt unusually cold and hard.
4. Authorities told the Associated Press Ritchie arrived in the country August 6 and identified herself as a social worker.
In The News Today
- One person was killed and another was injured Friday in a shooting at Texas Southern University. Police have detained two possible suspects. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›