1. A Canadian woman was arrested in Colombia Wednesday for smuggling drugs in a fake pregnant belly.
2. Tabitha Leah Ritchie, 28, of Toronto, was boarding an Air Canada flight at the Bogota airport when security noticed her stomach felt unusually cold and hard.
4. Authorities told the Associated Press Ritchie arrived in the country August 6 and identified herself as a social worker.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›
- Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›