4. It’s not like you have a problem with words like “wet” or “damp.”
6. It might have something to do with the “oi” sound. Like in “ointment” or “goiter.”
7. But it probably has more to do with the fact that that word makes you think more of bodily fluids than cake.
8. You don’t want to think about bodily fluids while enjoying cake, whether it’s a sweaty palm…
10. It’s an innocent enough word, but you just feel dirty using it. You feel like you need to wash up after hearing it.
11. Also, it comes from the Latin “muscidus” which meant “slimy,” “moldy,” “musty” and gave us the word “mucus.”
12. And you’re not alone. A lot of people don’t like the “m” word either.
13. So please, just stop using the “m” word.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The brother of beloved Zimbabwean lion Cecil has been shot and killed by a hunter. Cecil was killed last month.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Dozens of people inhaled balloons full of laughing gas outside British parliament in protest against proposed drug laws.