4. It’s not like you have a problem with words like “wet” or “damp.”
6. It might have something to do with the “oi” sound. Like in “ointment” or “goiter.”
7. But it probably has more to do with the fact that that word makes you think more of bodily fluids than cake.
8. You don’t want to think about bodily fluids while enjoying cake, whether it’s a sweaty palm…
10. It’s an innocent enough word, but you just feel dirty using it. You feel like you need to wash up after hearing it.
11. Also, it comes from the Latin “muscidus” which meant “slimy,” “moldy,” “musty” and gave us the word “mucus.”
12. And you’re not alone. A lot of people don’t like the “m” word either.
13. So please, just stop using the “m” word.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two people on a civilian airplane were killed in a mid-air collision with a military jet in South Carolina. The F-16 jet pilot was ejected and is "in good shape."
- Bounce TV and BET will no longer air series featuring Bill Cosby after court records showed he admitted to buying sedatives to give to women.
- Harry Shearer, the voice of Mr. Burns on "The Simpsons," will rejoin the show. In May, he said he was leaving.