1. Every St. Patrick’s Day, the Chicago River is dyed green.
2. They’ve been doing it for 43 years now.
3. Other cities have tried to do what Chicago does, but no one does it like Chicago.
4. That’s because they figured out the perfect dye to make the river this vibrant shade of St. Patrick’s Day green.
5. The dye they use is actually orange (because orange + blue = green, remember?).
6. And they have a huge parade to go along with it every year.
7. And I guess that brings in enough revenue to justify dying a river green.
9. This year was especially awesome because there was a flying leprechaun.
10. Which is pretty remarkable.
11. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- The CIA has officially—but very quietly—admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire 🇺🇸