1. At least 50 marched in Ukraine’s first gay rights rally in Kiev Saturday.
GayPride Kiev succesvol verlopen. Helaas wel zware beveiliging nodig. #LHBT Foto met dank aan @MarijeC
2. A court ban and anti-gay demonstrators unsuccessfully attempted to disrupt the rally.
Peaceful Kiev Pride in #Ukraine, police prevents attacks on #LGBT marchers incl @hrw’s Boris Dittrich and @anna_kirey
3. Riot guards were on hand to ensure the attendees were safe.
This was needed to keep Kiev Pride 2013 peaceful. #LGBT #Ukraine @geertjanhahn @anna_kirey
4. Demonstrators called for an end to discrimination based on sexual orientation and derogatory stereotypes.
@sia_vlasova’s great pic from #kyiv’s first ever gay pride. more to follow. #ukraine
5. Here’s video from the event.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.