1. About 230 dolphins have died and washed ashore on the East Coast this summer. Typically, 65 dead dolphins are reported washed on shores a year.
2. The Virginia Aquarium Stranding Response Team has performed necropsies on dead dolphins to determine the cause.
3. Stranding resuce organizations say they’re still unsure what has caused the rise in dolphin deaths. Bob Schoelkopf of the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in New Jersey noted some of the dolphins have respiratory infections.
4. Dead dolphin bodies have appeared on the coastlines of New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia this summer.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›