1. Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne took out a full-page ad in Saturday’s Wall Street Journal “congratulating” hedge fund manager Steve Cohen on his company’s indictment.
Rachel Louise Ensign
http://t.co/Y1V5YyaIvu CEO runs ad in today’s WSJ congratulating Steve Cohen on indictment, mentioning ‘sith lord’
2. The DOJ and SEC charged SAC Capital, founded by Cohen, of profiting from the use of inside information on public companies.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️