1. Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne took out a full-page ad in Saturday’s Wall Street Journal “congratulating” hedge fund manager Steve Cohen on his company’s indictment.
Rachel Louise Ensign
http://t.co/Y1V5YyaIvu CEO runs ad in today’s WSJ congratulating Steve Cohen on indictment, mentioning ‘sith lord’
2. The DOJ and SEC charged SAC Capital, founded by Cohen, of profiting from the use of inside information on public companies.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.