1. Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne took out a full-page ad in Saturday’s Wall Street Journal “congratulating” hedge fund manager Steve Cohen on his company’s indictment.
Rachel Louise Ensign
http://t.co/Y1V5YyaIvu CEO runs ad in today’s WSJ congratulating Steve Cohen on indictment, mentioning ‘sith lord’
2. The DOJ and SEC charged SAC Capital, founded by Cohen, of profiting from the use of inside information on public companies.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- Venezuela is reporting hospitalizations and three deaths as the Zika virus, which is linked to birth defects, spreads.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.