1. There is an actual Sheriff of Nottingham in Nottingham, England, and it’s this woman named Merlita Bryan.
2. Merlita was born in Jamaica and moved to England when she was 11. In 2007, she became a member of the city council, and in 2011 she became sheriff.
3. The Sheriff of Nottingham used to be an actual law enforcement position like in Robin Hood, but today it’s a ceremonial role.
4. Merlita’s job is to promote tourism and business in Nottingham.
5. And she spends a lot of time going to meetings and ceremonies and events.
8. She says she grew up “never imagining that one day she would become the Sheriff of Nottingham.”
10. Good job, Merlita, keep up the good work!
Busy day as Sheriff of Nottingham. Proud to serve our great city. Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine. #ff to you all.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".