1. Rajiv Surendra, the actor who played North Shore High School mathlete captain/rapper Kevin G. in the 2004’s classic “Mean Girls,” is now a calligrapher.
2. Rajiv says he first became interested in calligraphy “about 12 years ago” (before “Mean Girls” existed) when he saw some letters written in the mid-1800s.
3. Rajiv has done chalk walls for advertising agencies, birthday invitations for interior designers and logos for restaurants.
4. On his website, Rajiv says he hopes his work inspires people to get off their computers and cell phones and “write down a few words to someone you care about – the old fashioned way.”
5. Way to go, Rajiv. Keep doing your thang.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.