1. Rajiv Surendra, the actor who played North Shore High School mathlete captain/rapper Kevin G. in the 2004’s classic “Mean Girls,” is now a calligrapher.
2. Rajiv says he first became interested in calligraphy “about 12 years ago” (before “Mean Girls” existed) when he saw some letters written in the mid-1800s.
3. Rajiv has done chalk walls for advertising agencies, birthday invitations for interior designers and logos for restaurants.
4. On his website, Rajiv says he hopes his work inspires people to get off their computers and cell phones and “write down a few words to someone you care about – the old fashioned way.”
5. Way to go, Rajiv. Keep doing your thang.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Radical UK preacher Anjem Choudary has been charged with encouraging support for ISIS, Scotland Yard said.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.