1. Rajiv Surendra, the actor who played North Shore High School mathlete captain/rapper Kevin G. in the 2004’s classic “Mean Girls,” is now a calligrapher.
2. Rajiv says he first became interested in calligraphy “about 12 years ago” (before “Mean Girls” existed) when he saw some letters written in the mid-1800s.
3. Rajiv has done chalk walls for advertising agencies, birthday invitations for interior designers and logos for restaurants.
4. On his website, Rajiv says he hopes his work inspires people to get off their computers and cell phones and “write down a few words to someone you care about – the old fashioned way.”
5. Way to go, Rajiv. Keep doing your thang.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›