1. In 1978 there was a Japanese show about a guy who looked a lot like Spider-Man.
3. But instead of being a photographer bitten by a radioactive spider, he was a motorcycle racer named Takuya Yamashiro who met an alien.
4. The alien, Garia, was the last survivor of the planet Spider. He injected Takuya with alien blood and gave him a bracelet.
6. But “With great power comes great responsibility” didn’t translate very well.
7. Spider-Man’s main villian was named Professor Monster. He drank blood to stay immortal.
8. Professor Monster was the leader of the Iron Cross Army, a group of aliens who destroy worlds.
14. The show was produced by Toei Company in a licensing agreement with Marvel. The Toei Company later produced a Power Rangers movie.
17. It might have had something to do with this Spider-Man being the weirdest Spider-Man ever.
Here Are The Top Stories
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.