1. The latest Pokémon game is set in a place called Unova.
3. Unova comes from the Latin unum (one) and nova (new) and was meant to express diversity and unity, according to game director Masuda.
4. New York City is one of the most diverse cities in the world.
8. Lower Manhattan, duh.
13. An area filled with rubble, construction workers and archeologists has led some to wonder if it’s based on Ground Zero. The game says the destruction was caused by a meteor.
14. Previous Pokémon games were based on regions of Japan.
15. In conclusion, the new Pokémon game is totally based on New York City.
In The News Today
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›