1. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie visited his daughter’s 4th grade class Friday and saved the kids from a spider.
My daughter Bridgetâ€™s 4th grade class visited the State House today. Hope I didn’t embarrass her too much.
Earlier today I saved a few school children from a spider #nobigdeal #toughdayattheoffice https://t.co/uP4A2LBQ1Z
3. He told the kids, “Any bugs on your desks you’re allowed to kill and not get in trouble,” and despite urges from several boys in the class, he did not “staple it.”
4. Jane Dollinger, media liaison for PETA, said Christie probably killed the spider without thinking.
He probably did it without thinking. Some people put the spider outside, but spiders are often scary to people, and that can prevent them from pondering their worth.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.