1. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie visited his daughter’s 4th grade class Friday and saved the kids from a spider.
My daughter Bridgetâ€™s 4th grade class visited the State House today. Hope I didn’t embarrass her too much.
Earlier today I saved a few school children from a spider #nobigdeal #toughdayattheoffice https://t.co/uP4A2LBQ1Z
3. He told the kids, “Any bugs on your desks you’re allowed to kill and not get in trouble,” and despite urges from several boys in the class, he did not “staple it.”
4. Jane Dollinger, media liaison for PETA, said Christie probably killed the spider without thinking.
He probably did it without thinking. Some people put the spider outside, but spiders are often scary to people, and that can prevent them from pondering their worth.
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria and expanded humanitarian aid, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸