1. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie visited his daughter’s 4th grade class Friday and saved the kids from a spider.
My daughter Bridgetâ€™s 4th grade class visited the State House today. Hope I didn’t embarrass her too much.
Earlier today I saved a few school children from a spider #nobigdeal #toughdayattheoffice https://t.co/uP4A2LBQ1Z
3. He told the kids, “Any bugs on your desks you’re allowed to kill and not get in trouble,” and despite urges from several boys in the class, he did not “staple it.”
4. Jane Dollinger, media liaison for PETA, said Christie probably killed the spider without thinking.
He probably did it without thinking. Some people put the spider outside, but spiders are often scary to people, and that can prevent them from pondering their worth.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›