1. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie visited his daughter’s 4th grade class Friday and saved the kids from a spider.
My daughter Bridgetâ€™s 4th grade class visited the State House today. Hope I didn’t embarrass her too much.
Earlier today I saved a few school children from a spider #nobigdeal #toughdayattheoffice https://t.co/uP4A2LBQ1Z
3. He told the kids, “Any bugs on your desks you’re allowed to kill and not get in trouble,” and despite urges from several boys in the class, he did not “staple it.”
4. Jane Dollinger, media liaison for PETA, said Christie probably killed the spider without thinking.
He probably did it without thinking. Some people put the spider outside, but spiders are often scary to people, and that can prevent them from pondering their worth.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.