1. The recently crowned Miss Riverton from Riverton, Utah, and three of her friends were arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Saturday for investigation of 10 counts of setting off an incendiary device, according to the Deseret News.
2. Witnesses said the four teenagers were allegedly seen throwing “chemical reaction bombs.”
3. Plastic water bottles, aluminum foil fragments, and chemical residue was found in front of two homes. One of the suspects said he was just “pranking” with fireworks, according to jail records.
4. United Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham told Fox 13, “They were actually throwing these at people with the intent to cause harm … this goes well beyond a teenage prank.”
5. The city of Riverton, Utah, said it was “saddened” by the news and issued a statement saying, “Riverton City provides some sponsorship funding for the Miss Riverton Pageant. Riverton City does not recruit, select, or oversee pageant participants.”
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!