1. The MSNBC Twitter account tweeted a link to a story about a Cheerios Super Bowl commercial featuring a biracial family Wednesday, saying “maybe the rightwing will hate it.”
4. On MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry Show in December, the panel joked about Mitt Romney’s adopted grandson, who is black.
5. Harris-Perry apologized a week later on her show for the segment, saying:
“Showing the photo in that context, that segment, was poor judgment. so without reservation or qualification, I apologize to the Romney family. Adults who enter into public life, implicitly consent to having less privacy, but their families, especially their children, should not be treated callously or thoughtlessly. My intention was not malicious, but I broke the ground rule that families are off-limits. For that I am sorry.”
- The CIA has officially — but very quietly — admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina are the latest Republicans to drop out of the 2016 presidential race 🇺🇸
- The reboot of popular BBC car show *Top Gear* will have seven presenters, but only one woman 🚗💁